A majority of the business people out of the estimated 2 billion active users of social media today say that their sales have increased because of their presence on social media platforms. Since the growth of active users is estimated at 25% per year, it’s obvious that it has become a very handy tool for marketing around the world. Let’s see what the trend will be this year.
Social is now a search engine: Consumers are increasingly being influenced by online comments and reviews. People are being directed straight to company websites from the social media. It’s a growing trend and in 2016 social media platforms will be used even more by potential customers looking for products and services of particular companies. As in 2015, Facebook and Twitter are expected to be the top two social media sites expected to be searched in 2016.
Decline of small platforms: Small social platforms like Blab and Ello have proliferated in a crazy way in the past few years, but they could quickly go into decline. The Big Three – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – could eat them up, like Facebook’s purchase of Instagram in 2012 for $ 1 billion. This trend will make things simpler for marketers who will have to focus only on the few big networks.
Employee engagement as social media strategy: This resource that has not been completely explored will be a trend. Companies will be likely to invest in staff satisfaction across the board and encourage them to share valuable content on their personal accounts turning them into powerful marketing machines.
More paid ads: Paid advertisements will dominate news feeds next year, it has been predicted. This is because brands are spending more cash to get maximum visibility on social platforms. The fact that this year there was a 34% jump on 2015 in this kind of spending confirms this trend.
Security will be tightened: Increasing security breaches will force brands to re-evaluate their security systems. Hackers have targeted password reminders and e-mail addresses and this has frightened consumers. So, expect privacy features on the social media this year.
Make half Integration with e-commerce: Consumers using mobile devices need not quit the app to make a purchase on Pinterest and Facebook, for these networks have a click-through choice called one-click purchasing which allows them to hook up to the store and buy an item of their liking on the network. So the idea of a ‘buy’ button will crop up on social media networks to help consumers shop without leaving their treasured social experience.
In sum, get ready for 2016 right now. Plan your budgets and social media campaigns to stay ahead of the predicted trends and get the most out of these platforms.
If you run a business or area blogger you would want to get more page views – called ‘hits’ – so that traffic to your site goes up and more visitors read your content/posts. But how can you ensure a steady stream of traffic to your website? Here we’ll discuss constructive ways to increase your page views.
- Engaging Content: Your content must be detailed and useful. This includes text, video and images. Rich, substantial content helps to keep your visitor for more time at your site. Also, enable users to leave their comments. Then they will stay for a longer time at your website and the chances that they will see other pieces of your content goes up.
- Be Consistent: This has to be the policy for everything on your website. Consistent design elements, same colour scheme and layout on different kinds of content will tell your visitors what to expect and they will also recognize the relationship between two pages.
- Test and Improve: Every aspect of your website must run smoothly and be functional. Implement constant test runs and updates. Act on your visitors’ feedback to maintain your site user friendly.
- Use Descriptive Title Tags: A descriptive and precise title tag will both get you quality and target visitors from search engines. Title tags should be like titles of chapters in a book. Since they tell visitors and search engines details about your page, ensure that they are descriptive.
- Do It Like Wikipedia: Insert internal links to the content using anchor text that is related to your content. Wikipedia articles have such links which readers click to get additional information related to the main content. Do the same on your site.
- Sitemap Necessary: A website sitemap is like the index of a book. If you have a sitemap it will make it easy for your visitors to find exactly what they are looking for. They won’t have to sift through a whole lot of pages and user interfaces to find content. If they have to, most of them will just leave your page.
- Avoid Pop-Ups: Pop-up ads can be infuriating at times. Delay them, or do away with them altogether. Though they can generate helpful leads, they are likely to irritate readers. People don’t want huge ads disturbing their reading several times.
- Add Search Box: You must have a search box all across your website, especially on the pages that have content. What the visitor gets after a search must also be of good quality and related to the query. If your website doesn’t have a search box, visitors may leave it because they couldn’t find any relevant stuff. A search box will provide more relevant information than your default box.
Digital marketing communications have come to stay – and will soon become the dominant marketing tool across all countries. Digital or online communications are expected to expand with more innovative inventions springing up in the near future to assist this kind of marketing. No business can afford to ignore the online tools needed to successfully market their goods and services.
We’ll examine in detail how digital cannot be disregarded. Apart from the well-known forms of marketing online like SEO (Search Engine Optimization), e-mail newsletters, price comparison websites, link building and affiliate marketing, the social media’s many networks provide great opportunities for digital marketing communication. Why you have to include mobile in your marketing media plans is borne out by the fact that in the United Kingdom roughly half of the country’s marketers are using some type of mobile strategy. Besides this, SMS marketing is expected to grow a whopping 160% in the coming 3 years!
Let’s examine the channels that will give you optimal returns in your 2016 marketing communications plan:
- SEO or search engine optimization aims to achieve for your business the best possible position in search engines like Google and Bing. Once visitors get attracted to your website, the CTAs – calls-to-action – will hold them for longer periods and will begin to guide them on the path of your marketing channel.
- Crowd-sourced content of your brand. Allow your fans and customers to create more content, conversations and stories of your brand that you could hope to buy or build. A recent survey revealed that 99% of content related to a brand on YouTube was created by the brand’s fans.
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace are some of the prominent social media networks that enable you to do your marketing communication. Facebook allows advertisers to focus on more than a billion people listed by age, location and other characteristics. Each network has its own system and you must choose what suits you best.
- Sign-up e-mails encourage clients or visitors to sign-up or opt in for e-mail newsletters. The simple idea behind this technique is that the permission of visitors is taken before they opt-in and they are not added to your database without them knowing it. The cost involved is a mere fraction of what you would pay for print or TV advertising.
- Blogging is a great way to improve search visibility and consequently, leads. Among other benefits, blogs help you to improve your rankings on search engines. If your website has more content, it results in more of your domain pages getting indexed in search engines. This leads to greater search visibility and more website traffic.
- Display ads – the ads that are seen on any website — get many eyeballs. You can opt for banner ads which run horizontally from corner to corner on top of the page, or the complex and richer video ads.
- There are many other ways in which to use digital for your marketing communications, like price comparison websites where the amount of cash charged for holidays and insurance and other consumer items are compared. Affiliate marketing, where a website advertises items that complement their wares, is also popular. Finally, there’s link building which is used to develop online relationships. Links play a major role in deciding how you rank on Google.
Digital marketing communication enables you to track and monitor the results of your campaign. You don’t have to do any expensive and extensive consumer research. You can view customer response quickly and in real time. All this helps you to plan your next campaign more effectively.