Now that 2016 is water under the bridge, the time to set in motion one of our most important New Year’s resolutions has come: for this year, we’ve committed ourselves to make better choices. While it might appear as a simple, unambitious resolution, it’s not: above everything else, the act of making good choices requires solid options to choose from in the first place – and in turn, solid options demand precise planning.
Over the past couple of years, we had the chance to work with a number of interesting clients from both the tech and telecom sectors. These are dynamic, international companies that not only value performance and dedication, but also the ability to plan for the long-haul. Companies living perpetually with a foot in the present and the other in the future, expecting full understanding of the current situation and awareness for what’s coming next.
Under the light of our New Year’s resolution – and because we enjoy working with this kind of companies, we’ve put together a selection of this year’s best networking events for the telecom and tech sectors. Our hope for better choices extends to every person we know, company we work with and, in this case, readers as well. And by bringing together the great options, we’re taking the first step. Let’s take a look:
Telecom Networking Events Q1: Welcome To The World Stage
- PTC Hawaii: The Pacific Telecommunications Council Event boasts of acting as a ‘partnership enabler’ for companies and individuals with interest in the Asia-Pacific region. Date: January 14th – 18th. More information, here.
- TelecoDays Mumbai: a must-go for those who wish get a closer look at the international stage. Main industry participants include voice carriers, solution vendors and data carriers. Date: February 6th – 7h. The promise of ‘connections, not business cards’ is a very tempting one.
- GCCM London: a signature event organized by Carrier Community, a global telecom club with strong presence in Europe. An ideal event for Senior Managers, Directors, VPs and C-level executives willing to network. Date: February 21st – 22nd. Interested? Check out this comprehensive guide to the event.
- Capacity Middle East & Capacity LATAM: heavyweight regional events for carriers and wholesale operators. March 7th – 9th in Dubai, March 28th – 29th in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- AWC Miami: The Americas Wholesale Congress (AWC) is the meeting point for the Americas & Caribbean players. For those based in America it represents a short trip filled with opportunities. Date: March 21st – 22nd.
Tech Networking Events Q1: Where Magic Happens
- Mobile World Congress Barcelona: arguably the largest, most publicized event of the year – and a serious competitor for the ‘best international tech event’ title. MWC Barcelona gets better and better every year: it’s innovation and future trends at its best. Date: February 27th – March 2nd. All you need to know about it – and there’s a lot to – here.
- Niche events: OFS Los Angeles, BIO CEO & Investor Conference New York: OFC Los Angeles is the main event for those interested in the optical fiber market. BIO, on the other hand, is an exclusive event for investors, professionals and companies of the promising biotech sector.
Remember: better options, better choices. Soon we’ll be covering 2017 Q2 events. Stay tuned for updates!